another cool short film

I may be a Luddite and use medieval woodworking tools but I also love some forms of technology, to me it’s not a question of everything in the old days was good and everything today is bad or vice versa. Today we have the opportunity to choose the best from the past and put it with the best from the present, to choose what is best for the people of the world to live fulfilled, happy lives whilst not trashing the earth. We don’t always seem to do as well as we could.

One of the technologies I love if used well is the internet and today it brought me this lovely wise old dude. I hope you enjoy him too.

[vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/14615070 w=400&h=265]
SHELTER from jason sussberg on Vimeo.

6 Responses to another cool short film

1. Jeff September 21, 2010 at 6:06 pm #

Mr. Kahn has a blog at http://lloydkahn-ongoing.blogspot.com/where he highlights many interesting shelters along with some fascinating ephemera.His books have the homemade look and feel reminiscent of the early 70's.

2. Jeff September 21, 2010 at 6:13 pm #

Oh…and if you like his stuff, you will also enjoy Art Boericke's The Craftsman BuilderHandmade Houses: A Guide to the Wood Butcher's ArtHandmade Homes: The Natural Way to Build.I believe that they are all out of print but not too hard to find here in the colonies.

3. flyingshavings September 22, 2010 at 8:05 am #

What a wise old owl, great!

4. Brian September 22, 2010 at 7:11 pm #

Awesome guy thanks for sharing:)Brian(:

5. Dec October 1, 2010 at 8:39 pm #

Hi Rob,Check out http://www.futureforests.net/The owner has built a Hobbit-style home for his business. Worth a visit if you're ever down that way.Cheers,Dec

6. Robin Wood October 7, 2010 at 6:05 am #

Thanks all and particularly Jeff for the link. It turns out I have had two of Lloyd's books on the shelf for years. "shelter" is one of those truly inspirational books.